Thursday, February 2, 2017

One Monthly Goal - February Goal

Well Sharla and I did so well last month, we are setting our One Monthly Goal for this month. We have picked our projects for the month and already began working on them. As with last month I am limiting myself to one goal for me and one for Sharla and these will be to finish the quilt top only. My goals for finished quilts is done by quarter.

So my goal is to finish my cross quilt top. It was my first bee quilt and I've been working on it since 2014. I know that is a long time but it is made up of 289 6" square blocks, and even with the blocks I received from my bee mates, I had to make over 200 of the blocks. As of right now all the blocks are made and have been sewn into 16 patches. And those 16 patches are pinned into 32 patches.  Here are a couple of the 16 patches. The photos were taken late last night so the lighting suck, but I am so happy to see it coming together.


With the progress I'm making I really think I can get this finished by the end of the month. I am going to try and sew for at least 15 minutes a day for this month and we'll see how far that gets me.

Sharla is going to work on her Summerfest quilt. There is no real pattern for this quilt. It is two layer cakes that are pieced with a vertical sashing. Sharla like easy and fast and this one certainly fits the bill. She is using Moda's Bella Buttercup as her sashing and it looks great with the Summerfest prints. Here is the mock up we did in EQ7.

She has already picked the pattern of which fabrics go where, and will start sewing on it this weekend. She will sew the columns of squares together and then sash it and border it.  I think it is going to be a very bright and cheerful quilt when it is finished.

Ok so those are our goals for February. It is a short month, but I think both are obtainable. If you want to see what others are working on this month, check out the link up page at Elm Street Quilts.

5 comments:

  1. You and Sharla both have a great goal for February. Your quilt has a lot of blocks/pieces. How big will it be when finished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice goals, lovely quilts, you can accomplish a lot in 15 minutes a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great goals. Good luck to the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The plus quilt is a wonderful riot of colour! Good luck finishing it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!