Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sunday Stash - 04/23/17

I have to start by saying I'm sorry Callie I didn't get it finished this week. She emailed me last week and  told me she reads my blog. So I'm very glad I didn't ruin the surprise by showing it here. Now I did make progress, it is totally quilted and trimmed. The binding is made and pressed, it is just not sewn onto the quilt.

I had planned to work Wednesday night and Thursday night on the binding to get it done, but life took a turn on Wednesday and my boss got very sick and had to go into the hospital. Which meant my work load went through the roof. By the time I got home at night I was too tired to do anything.

So the quilt sits on the table waiting. But I am going to make a push to finish it on Monday or Tuesday (which are my days off). I'm hoping Callie and Beau love it.  I did snap a small pic of it to tease Callie.


And no the quilt isn't black and white, I did that to make it even more of a tease...yes I know I'm mean, but she loves me anyway. Since it is quilted I can count the backing this week, and we had no purchases either.  We have to cut back on the purchases, too many other things going on around here.

So lets get to the numbers

Fabric Used this Week: 5 1/2 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 104 1/2  yards
Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 58 3/4 yards
Net Fabric for 2017: 45 1/2 yards used

Hopefully we will have even more to report next week. Sharla is working on her True Colors quilt and hopes to get all the blocks finished this week and only have the sashing left. I want to finish Callie and Beau's quilt and then start another.  But a lot of what I get done will be determined by if my boss gets back to work this week.  I'm really hoping so for his sake and mine. Today I'm linking up with Judy @ Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. You ARE a tease. But that is a great way to show a quilt and not really "show" the quilt. lol Your used numbers are terrific. I am aiming for the same, but it's not going as fast as I had hoped. Hope your boss is out of the hospital and your workload lightens up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself; no need for you to work so hard you get sick, too! I am sure Callie will be thrilled when you can get the quilt finished. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!