Sunday, June 4, 2017

Sunday Stash - 06/04/17

Things are moving along nicely here at Casa T. Sharla finished her True Colors quilt over the long weekend, I've started Hollywood's zombie quilt and we've both been making progress on our #100days100blocks2017 sampler. It is nice when things progress, it makes me very very happy.

First if you didn't see Sharla's quilt on Friday, here is another photo of it. It is very bright and cheerful, which is something she really likes. She has picked out some less bright fabrics in the past, but they are by far in the minority.  She considers this her May finish since she finished it in May, but it wasn't the one she was supposed to be doing. That one is a lot less bright and I think she just couldn't resist this one.


I've started working on Hollywood's quilt, and hope to finish it in the next week or so. And I have worked pretty far ahead on my 100 days sampler. I've completed through block 50 and have 7 or 8 more cut. Last week was blocks 22 to 28, so that means as of last week we are over 25% done with the challenge. I'm having so much fun that if they do this again next year I will probably do it again. Seeing all the different blocks makes me want to do it in all kinds of different fabrics. Here are my blocks from last week.


Here are Sharla's from last week. She definitely has favorite colors and I've had to tell her she needs to use some others in her stash or she will totally run out of her favorites. I think she could make all of them using the solids of dark green, lime green, bright yellow, orange and red...hummm that could look pretty cool.


So now it is number time. We purchase no fabric this week...yeah!!! And we have Sharla's flimsy finish, so we are moving in the right direction...double yeah!!!! In the big scheme of life I know we are doing well, but I always want to do better.

Fabric Used this Week: 7 1/2 yard
Fabric Used year to Date: 118 1/2  yards
Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 68 yards
Net Fabric for 2017: 50 1/2 yards used

I am linking up with quiltpaintcreate this week. I hope each of you has a wonderful week full of lots of sewing time and naps, well that is what I'm hoping for this week.

3 comments:

  1. All the progress looks great. It's fun to see the personality differences in the fabric selections between you and Sharla. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great with your stash report - and love all the brights in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun stuff going on in your sewing rooms. Congrats on all the stash movement, it's encouraging to see someone heading in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!