Friday, July 7, 2017

4th Annual Piggy Banks Savings Reveal

Sorry for so many posts today, but this will be last one, at least I think it will be. Today we are to reveal how much we saved in out piggy banks this year. We started saving last July and it has really added up this year. And all totaled, Sharla and I did really well. Since we changed how we do things, neither of us get as much change as we did in the past, so we both started tucking $5 per week or $20 per month in our banks then more as we had left over in the monthly budget.

So who saved more....me, but really only by a tiny bit and only because I found a stash of garage sale change left from a couple of years ago and threw it into my bank. I saved $423.89 and Sharla saved $410.85, so a total of  $844.74 (OH BOY). And we've already used  a nice chunk of that to have our sewing machines serviced.  Since we've been trying keep out fabric purchases to a minimum, that seemed like a good way to spend at least part of the money. And it was time for them to be serviced. It was a nice way to cover that cost without having to  adjust anything else in the budget. Now does that mean we won't be buying any fabric, NO.

We have already ordered a fat quarter bundle of Kaffe Fassett Collective Spicy. It has 30 fat quarters in it and we are splitting them so we each get 15. We have also already ordered the backing fabric to go with the bundle. We have the patterned picked out, but still need to order the sashing fabric. Here is the bundle


I picked the Red Rolled Paper as my backing fabric.


Sharla picked the Tomato Shoal (or as she calls it red fishies).


After we buy the sashing fabric for these quilts and our Tula pink quilts we will still have some left over, but we've not decided what to buy with that as of yet. To be honest we both really looked and couldn't find anything that just jumped out at us, so it may just sit until something does.

We did really well this year by consistently adding money each month. If we counted only the change, I had about $90 and Sharla had about $20. We are big time budget people (yeah Dave Ramsey), so any money tossed into the piggy bank was out of our fun money. So we weren't robbing Peter to pay Paul. We are both excited about our Spicy quilts, and I'm sure they will get onto our to do list very soon. In the mean time, I am just happy that we didn't turn all into fabric. The remaining money may also go to buy some other supplies like thread, batting, etc.

I am linking up with Val's Quilting Studio for the Piggy Bank reveal. If you want to see how others did go check out her page.


6 comments:

  1. Loved all your posts and photos! Y'all are doing GREAT this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous savings! Ooh... I have a machine I would love to have repaired. Perhaps that will be my savings goal for next year. Enjoy your beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys did fantastic!! We are "envelope" people so it's nice to see that change can up too. Looking forward to seeing what your create with his yummy fabric. :)Thanks for partipating in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome, and I love that you serviced your machines from the bank money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to have some money for fun in the middle of the summer. Love your "spicy" fabrics. It's going to be fun to see those two quilts come together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos for another successful year of saving. One of these days, I need to start doing this.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!